I am always looking for ways to get my house in order. Pinterest is an amazing source for house cleaning tips. From Bowl Full of Lemons there is a very thorough 14 week list of rooms to clean in your house. I figured I would start with week 1 - The Kitchen.
Here is the week 1 check list:
1. Clean out and organize all cabinets
2. Clean out and organize all drawers
3. Purge everything that is not used, expired, doesn't belong, or is collecting dust
4. Clean out and organize fridge and freezer
5. Mop, wipe down cabinet doors, clean counter tops and tables
6. Take everything off the refrigerator door. It makes the kitchen look messy.
7. Clean all appliances.
She goes into a lot of detail on how to clean the kitchen and all of the do's and don'ts. I would highly recommend checking out Bowl Full of Lemons.
I decided to focus on #6 yesterday. Everything on my fridge came down and then I wiped it down.
Aw! Pretty fridge.
But I didn't want all of those cute pictures my kids had drawn to get stuffed in a drawer. I came across this picture from Random Thoughts of a Supermom and it was exactly what I was looking for. It was a cute little clothes line for kids to display their artwork.
I made mine out of command hooks, string, and clothespins.
It looks so cute in my girls' room above their art table.
It's the perfect height for them. Goofy can't quite reach the pictures and pull them down and Princess can put them up all she wants.
I am pleased with how it turned out. Clean fridge and a cute bedroom = happy mommy.
Need more cleaning inspiration?
|10 Habits to a Well-Run Home Challenge|